Code of Conduct
CSSL principles, values or standards are in line with UN Global Compact which is a principle-based framework for businesses, stating ten principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- The effective abolition of child labour; and
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.